Building this business while the family is sleeping!
Up late working on this newly installed WordPress site while watching the Tampa Bay Lightning game and filling custom orders. My 3D printer is working overtime, spitting out some new custom creations for a fellow entrepreneur!
Wondering if this shop-junkie has the tech skills to handle website design and web hosting?
No worries, I’ve got this! You should know that I have been creating custom HTML, Joomla, and most recently WordPress websites for well over 15 years so I expect to get through this initial site development stage quite quickly. For those interested in doing the same for your business, below is a quick breakdown of my process.
Register your domain name and purchase a web hosting package
- I suggest starting with a shared web hosting package from a reliable hosting provider.
- A Linux cpanel-based hosting package is a must for me, as it has all tools I need to quickly get a WordPress site up and running in short time.
- Setup your domain name in your hosting cpanel
- Install WordPress and associate it with your new domain name during the installation process.
- If your hosting provider has an installation tool for WordPress instances, this is all very self-explainatory and can be completed in a matter of minutes.
- Begin design of your WordPress site, or get a jump start on the process by using a WordPress template.
- There are many of free templates available within WordPress, and of course there are plenty of templates and themes available for purchase online.
If you are looking to have a web-design veteran handle these items for you, reach out to me at email@example.com for assistance!